Punch 250M vs Punch 500M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well since we are on topic:

I built this for my wife last summer. This is where Prime's Audiophiles came from :D

102_3099.jpg

102_3101.jpg

102_3103.jpg

I never understood these. The power ratings look like any other amps with similar power ratings and unregulated power supplies. At 0° the load looks like a resistor to the amplifier and the power increases as the load decreases. The ±60° points are like a speaker load that's producing inductive kickback and actually appears to be a lighter load (less current can be forced through the inductive load because of the increased inductive reactance). When using the output voltage and the 1, 2, 4 and 8 ohm values, the power is going to appear to be higher. This is because the load is lighter and the rail voltage won't sag as much. When using the less saggy rail voltage, of course the power output is going to appear greater but the true power output may not actually be any greater.

The only ting that I see of any value is the power output at 0° for each load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.