Puget Sound Speaker Contest 2010!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to post a quick note:

Copies of the Judge's evaluation forms for each entry were sent out this afternoon to each contestant. Depending on where you live, I would expect that you'll receive yours either tomorrow (Saturday) or by next Monday.

Best Regards,
Terry

Your retirement must be really good -- already forgot there is no mail service on Monday, Labor Day.
:p

Besides Terry, you are one of those "through rain, sleet and snow" heroes.... right? So, you were always there on Monday's... right?

That's a fact and I can relate quite a story about the rain, sleet thing. The next time we get together, you or Dave remind me and I'll tell you the story and how it ended up as a giant national settlement. Interestingly enough, although I initiated it, I never saw a dime.
:bomb:

Best Regards,
TerryO

All kidding aside, I heard several visitors at the diy event comment at how well organized they thought it was. Following up and sending this info out is just another thing that Terry does year after year.

Hats off to you Terry.
:cheers:

Dave's a decent guy, so I wondered how long it would take before his guilty conscience kicked in after humiliating a senior citizen.
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

An Update on the Contest

For anyone in the greater Seattle area, or those willing to drive a bit further, The Pacific Northwest Audio Society (PNWAS) is having their monthy meeting on Thursday, January 13th, 2011. What may be of interest to those who missed the Contest, or would like to build their own speakers, is that a number of the contestants will be bringing the speakers that they entered in last Summer's Contest. This is just a "Show and Tell" meeting where the designers will explain a bit about their designs, answer a few questions and then the audience will get to listen to them played on the Club's system.

The meeting will be in the basement of the Church and is accessed from the lower parking lot. It's not too hard to find it. The meeting will officially start at 7:30 pm (the usual time). BTW: It's free to the public.:D

Here's the address:

Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

Hope to see you there.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.