• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Psvane Replica RCA 2A3 tube - WR2A3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For your reference: I was comparing the WR2a3 with the RCA Single Plate 2a3, RCA Biplate with spring filament date code XE3, Sylvania Biplate springtop with engraved base and National Union Black Glass Bi-mono Plate date code MN. I didn't have the grey plate and the KR 2a3, so I could only compare it with my recollection of memory.
I am not trying to convince people that WR2a3 is a good sounding tube, I always prefer the sound of the vintage NOS, but with stock depleting fast, the WR2a3 may be a worthwhile subsitution.
So am I playing with my Wr2a3? No I am not, I am using a pair of GE black glass 2a3 bi-mono plate date code 54-U4 at the moment. I prefer to use up my collection of vintage NOS first.

For your reference: I was comparing the WR2a3 with the RCA Single Plate 2a3, RCA Biplate with spring filament date code XE3, Sylvania Biplate springtop with engraved base and National Union Black Glass Bi-mono Plate date code MN. I didn't have the grey plate and the KR 2a3, so I could only compare it with my recollection of memory.
I am not trying to convince people that WR2a3 is a good sounding tube, I always prefer the sound of the vintage NOS, but with stock depleting fast, the WR2a3 may be a worthwhile subsitution.
So am I playing with my Wr2a3? No I am not, I am using a pair of GE black glass 2a3 bi-mono plate date code 54-U4 at the moment. I prefer to use up my collection of vintage NOS first.

Thanks for getting back. I am still interested if you measured the current draw of the various tubes compared.
I am sorry if I am bugging you with that but I am interested in data to compare to the listening experience trying to gain some understanding of what's happing or might be happening.

Regards,
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.