psu step up advice required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. Is there any way to convert a 12 volt dc power supply to + 20/-20 dual symmetrical

I have an amp which needs +/- 19-23 volts dual symmetrical psu 1500watts, which is going to be expensive but i have a quality pc atx corsair 1500 watts single 12 volts dc supply and am wondering if this can be modified and used.

Any advice most gratefully appreciated. Many thanks

You can convert almost any voltage into any other voltage as long as you have sufficient power, but it can be very cumbersome and expensive.
For a start, an amplifier being supplied with +/-19-23V and consuming 1500W is operating a VERY low impedance load. Are you really sure this power level is right?

Most of car audio amplifiers utilize a SMPS/PWM to do that from the battery voltage.
The hard thing to DIY is the step-up transformer
Many mosfets (or darlington Bjt :confused: ) in push pull or SE, driven by some IC > optoisolator for Vref

( I remember from the magazines such Elektor, in the late '80s) :boggled:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.