proxima 2300 settings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally fired up my proxima 2300, I never got my mac II cable from the ebayer so it looks like it's bad feedback for him.
I made a cable thanks to this forum....I have never done anything like it before and it was a sucess! Thanks Skywayflies!
Here is my problem though, it looks like crap through my scan line converter (viewsonic NextVision N4) I pluged it into my computer and it looked ok but not quite as good as my nview spectra c.
any hints to maximize the use of this PJ?
What would be the best settings? I am using a mac g4.
Thanks

Retool

I am in the process of updating the panel in my 2300. Intend to use a portable dvd player screen and and video inputs/controller. Though I was tempted to strip the entire thing for parts, but it is still functional. Why reinvent the mousetrap?
I will post results as they occur.

Regards....

LCD needing update

Slow response time, passive, terribly bad screen door effect, and the colour was off. As mentioned above it is older technology, so this portion of the projector will be updated.

Attachments

• cimg0565.jpg
    cimg0565.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 116
Portable DVD player screen

GoVideo gvp-7811. DVD did not play anymore but all the inputs still functioned, picked it up for 9.99. It has a 7" display, smaller than the 8.5" it is replacing but I hope that the size reduction will be less evident due to the updated technology. See the two screens below.

Attachments

• cimg0579.jpg
    cimg0579.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 117
Where to place

If you look you can see two acrylic fresnels that the lcd must be situated between.See the picture.
I had to make a frame for the replacement as there was a size difference between the original and the replacement.

Next post will have shots of the projection...if it works...:whazzat:

Attachments

• cimg0572.jpg
    cimg0572.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 96
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.