Protecting good drivers outdoors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
OK Steve I just noticed my spelling mistake, given the subject matter it fits quite well, OK Queensland is totally different to Melbourne. Given where you are , smallish galvanised boxes would be the go, cut a hole in the bottom and mesh it well with bronze fly wire to let any condensation out and put a sunshield on it to shade it if needed.
As I said SQ is not really a factor, if I was building new boxes I would source a quad of 8inch full range drivers and a robust tweeter (even a Peizo horn ) and use MTM, power handling is a must; sooner or later some-one turns up the volume when you're not watching and you do need plenty of headroom, nothing ruins a party quicker than blowing your music up and leaving silence behind (( BEEN THERE ! DONE THAT !! GOT THE T- SHIRT!!!! ))

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.