Proposed high performance two way build SEAS T35 X3-06 Tweeter which 12" bass/mid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Proposed high performance two way build SEAS T35 X3-06 Tweeter which 12" bass/mid?

Proposed high performance two way build which will use either the SEAS T35 X3-06 or the Audax TW034X0 Tweeters, but which bass/mid?

I am being influenced for my next build by the excellent performance of my Spendor SA3 and the Rogers LS5/8 (PM510 passive) which both use 12" bass/mid drivers.

Being a fan of 2 way designs I now wish to design and build one for my next project.

My brief is for a system similar in size to my SA3, so around 120 litres.

The driver search begins.

SEAS Exotic X2-08 W8 is a general partner with this unit, but I want to look for other larger options to use with this tweeter
at 10 or better still 12" to take advantage of the lower than usual crossover frequency the unit is capable of.

Seas offer the 10" A26RE4 but that unit does not have enough power handling so does not meet my brief.

The SEAS CA26RFX H1305 offers higher performance but will need EQ to work but is a possible contender, still only 10".

The Eminence Legend BP102 is touted by some, but does it ultimately have Audiophile levels of performance, maybe good enough for HT use? Again only 12"

Available budget for a suitable bass unit is not a consideration!

So my search for suitable candidate drivers starts.

Last edited:
Eminence Deltalite II 2512. It has low distortion, low Mms, low Le and it has pretty flat frequency response. It goes deep enough but requires somewhat large enclosure - mine were in 120 liters. It is rated 99dB but that is beyond 2KHz and when baffle step occurs, with cross over in place, it will leave healthy 93-94dB

Last edited:
I am going to approach Audio Technology to see if they can help me with my project

Looks like AT can help me with my project.

AT make a 15" which is well behaved has a Polyprop curved cone and with a little EQ at 5 K could be made to work with a 6db filter

Baffle step EQ may also be needed to combat rising response and from the use of a zobel.

EQ may also be needed at around 4.8 Khz

Here are the details

Flex Units 15" Bass Driver

15E1022510.gif

15inchst.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.