Proper setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am setting up the following components

The mixer is a new Behringer XR12 wireless unit since this is for a gym and a stationary mixer would not do.

I had behringer help me setup the mixer AUX1 (can program the outputs/inputs to do different things) to the sonos connect unit and the headset to channel 1 on the mixer. On the mixer interface i can see the meters moving and it's getting signal but I cant get the headset/mic audio to come through the speakers. I only hear the sonos music and I can't control the sonos either even though the mixer is picking up the signal.

Nothing is plugged into the amplifier in this setup except the Sonos connect. I have 3 other amps and 3 other sonos connect units.

Any suggestions here please advise.

What am

Attachments

• XR12-large.jpg
    XR12-large.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 100
  • sonos_zp80_back.jpg
    sonos_zp80_back.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 94
  • al77.jpg
    al77.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 108
  • al77x.jpg
    al77x.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 98
  • tflsetup.jpg
    tflsetup.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 94
  • XLS2002_1.jpg
    XLS2002_1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Can you put together a diagram of how you have everything connected?

The Sonos and the Samson mic units are all inputs so they have to be connected to inputs on the mixer. Then you have to connect the outputs of the mixer(main or aux) to the amp, and the speakers to the amp.

without more specific details of your setup and how things are patched together it's hard to say what's wrong.
what are you using as a controller/interface for the XR 12?

if the pictures are of your setup i only see cables on inputs 5 and 6 of the mixer and there doesn't seem to be any cables on the main L and R outputs and if the guys at Behringer routed your inputs to Aux 1 you don't have any cables there either! Lucy you 'ave some spla'ning to do!!!

Last edited:
Can you put together a diagram of how you have everything connected?

The Sonos and the Samson mic units are all inputs so they have to be connected to inputs on the mixer. Then you have to connect the outputs of the mixer(main or aux) to the amp, and the speakers to the amp.
I think this is the piece I am missing. I wasn't sure if that was they way it went. I didn't have any more time to mess with it that day.

Okay, here's what you need to do...

1 - factory reset the Behringer mixer. Whatever they've got you doing, it isn't right.
2 - output from wireless mic box goes to the first XLR input (labelled 1) on the X12.
3 - output from Sonos go to Behringer inputs 5&6, hopefully linked as a stereo pair.
4 - Main outputs from X12 go to input of Crown amplifier.

Why do you have so many Sonos Connect boxes? - they're literally just like a Bluetooth receiver, but for WiFi-based music streaming.

What have you done with the rest of the amps?
How many speakers do you have?
What do you want to achieve?

Chris

Thank you all for the help. It's been perfect. There are 5 different zones in this location. It's a gym. The origiinal setup was ipad/ipod docking stations all over and pandora from an apple pc with 4 mixers and amps and 14 speakers. This person bought 4 sonos connect boxes to replace the other older hardware. I cleaned up the mess from the original install. Removed the mixers, cleaned up the wiring and eliminated the unnecessary over powering speakers. So now they are down to 10 speakers, some are new and better. All was good till my customer wanted a mic setup for one of the zones. That was good till i realized i needed a mixer when i could only get music or mic audio not both. Then the problem was the zone where the mic is needed is no where near the music rack. Thats why i researched and purchase the XR12. I am not really an audio person. I am an IT and camera guy. My customers system had a meltdown when i was working on the server. After i fixed it guess what? I became it's administrator and have been taking a crash course in audio gear.... The behringer instructions suck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.