Projection Adapter for your TV??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried searching on the forum for this did not find anything...so:

I came across this on a latin site, though it did not give any info on how to actually do it. You can hook it up to your tv or crt.

I actually tried to see if it would work by just holding up an old 11X11 inch fresnel (don´t know the specs) I had from a OHP with a projection lens projecting it onto a white poster board. It did work about 3 feet away in darkness, but needs a lot of tweaking. The light was weak.

Granted I know this is no LCD and the quality is poor. I just want to see if it can actually be done. A nice cheap way to put a Fresnel/Projection box in front of your small tv (I used a 13" tv) to amplify it.

Has Anyone tried this?? Also, I am wondering is there anyway to get more light in there without taking the tv apart??

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/img?s=MLB&f=31695362_2296.jpg&v=P

Attachments

• tvprojector1.jpg
    tvprojector1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 133
Is that a garbage can strapped to the face of that monitor? I suggest rotating the whole assembly down 90 degrees, allowing the wastebasket to serve its intended purpose.

The TV-to-projection scam is only good for people trying unload a lot of page magnifiers.

The quality with the lens offered is terrible, the edges will be blurry, the image will be washed out, the contrast will be terrible, the brightness will be low, etc, etc, etc! Using a better lens will improve results greatly, I was into single CRT diy projectors, got best results with a 175mm diameter triplet.

Depending on the brand, there is a hidden service mode that allows for a much higher contrast/brightness adjustment.

Cheers,
Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.