Project "The Drummer"-Flat DIY sub driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
Now I know what I want.When I can buy anything I can make it.
I want try use the flat cone design none the less that I don`t know anything about the prioritys and the shortcomings of this design.
In this thread I look for any information and any concrete result with this type driver.I have many questions,because my books are may be 20-30 years olds.I want to know how I can define the driver specifications like the frequency range,Fs,SPL,Vas,Qms,Qes,Qts,Xmax.
I know that this question isn`t very simple,but I haven`t any other choice.The facts for the moment: 2 voice coils x 2Ohms,solid rubber-surround,700W RMS power handling,18" aluminium basket,2 spiders,double aluminium flat cone.In the beginning I look for any info for this type design.If my project is wrong I wait for any advice.
Is necessary any help for the calculations of the dimensions of the basket,the voice coils,any help for the preliminary simulation of the driver...:dead:
For the moment the magnet is unknown ,because I don`t know from what old rubbish I can take it.I think that any old electric motor can be
suitable.I don`t know what type magnet I must search and wait for any help for this weighty choice.
The purpose of this project is : I want make sub driver(FS-500hZ) from any old rubbish.Will be great if this is possibly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.