Problems with amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
I have a Soundstream Picasso 1.1700D monoblock sub amp. I've had it for a good 6 months now and up until now it has been acting weird.
It makes this strange high pitch noise coming from inside the amp. The fan inside is acting strange too. The other thing is that it doesn't turn off, the jl audio amp and soundstream stayed on. I messed around and check everything, from ground wire, remote, fused and all. When I took the rca out from the soundstream amp, that is when t amps will turn off. So I disconnected the soundstream amp and everything is back to normal. Do you know what is wrong with my soundstream amp?? Please help me.

the remote terminal could be shorted to the positive terminal, either on the inside or outside of the amp. it could be a small strand of wire that bridged across the terminals. the fan probably just needs to be lubricated with a light oil. I am also in san diego and i repair amps if you can't find the problem.

The connection of the RCAs should not effect the amp's ability to turn on or off.

If you power up the amps, do you have AC or DC voltage on the RCA shields of either amplifier?

When testing:
Black meter lead on chassis ground terminal
Red lead on shield of RCA connectors
No RCA cables connected to the amplifiers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.