Problem With Denon Avr 3200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I HAVE A DENON AVR 3200 HAVING A PROBLEM.AT LOW VOLUME IT PLAY WELL . AS SOON AS I TURN UP THE VOLUME ,MAYBE HALF WAY,
IT TURN OFF AS THE PROTECTION SEE SOMETHING WRONG.i HAVE CHANGED SOMES TRANSISTORS THAT WERE BAD, NOW IT'S TURN ON ,BUT ONLY AT LOWER VOLUME. WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE
COULD HELP ME. CAN'T FIND SHEMATIC ANYWHERE. THANKS.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You can purchase a service manual from Denon Canada in Markham, Ontario. (800) 263-1692, listen to the menu. The manuals should not be that expensive and you get all the information.

It does sound like the load impedance was too low, plus you can run into clipping anywhere from half volume to about 3/4 volume. You also need to provide really good ventillation with multichannel amps. I'd leave at least 4" above your receiver, more if you can.

-Chris

AVR3200 going into protection

If you remove the load and the same symptom persists, turn the unit off and measure across the speaker terminals one pair at a time with an DVM set on the low ohms range. If you measure a very low value, check the caps C652 and C656 across the front speaker terminals. I have seen these caps short and cause this symptom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.