Problem with amp/ Can it be fixed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I pulled apart my Diamond Micro 4 v2 to figure out why it wasn't turning on and I found this..

Is there a way to fix it or is it garbage?[image][/image]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 101
You can jump it with wire. It will be reliable if done correctly.

It probably didn't have a fuse or wasn't properly fused. The proper fuse generally prevents this type of damage.

There may be damage to other components that caused enough current to pass to burn the trace open.

Was it working properly up until this happened?

Read through the basic amp repair page (link in sig line below) so that you will have a basic understanding of the most common terms. It will save a lot of time when you have to check various things in the amp.

List the make/model of the meter and post a working link to its operators manual if it's available.

If you don't want to repair it, you need to try to find a local repair shop. Shipping alone for the round-trip, via a trackable shipper will add to the cost of the repair. Call all of the local car audio retailers to see who they recommend for amp repairs. If multiple retailers suggest the same service center, it's likely a reputable, reliable business to use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.