• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Preamp with 6sn7 & 6sl7 SRPP ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I've red (Revue du SOn in France) about a wonderful preamp using 6sn7 and 6sl7 in SRPP configuration made by Rene GANBINI (a great sound ingeneer).

Does anybody have some schematics or simply more information on how to build such a preamp?Thanks a Lot

GREG (new memeber of the audio church ;-) )

<b>Well I'm looking for some Free advice not for a 20$ prog...</b>

Perhaps you should have looked at the TubeCAD journal. Right on the front page is the new article "SRPP Deconstructed", as well as links to two previous articles on the same subject.

There is a also wealth of information about all sorts of tube configurations by a truly excellent engineer, John Broskie. The program, which is brilliant BTW, is how he sponsors the FREE journal. If you wish to do more with tubes than simply copy other peoples designs, it's an excellent investment.

Nice article! I have a SRPP 6SL7(VT-229), 300B SET and while I can follow the circuit, why it works has been beyond me besides the fact that the 1st half of the dual triode is my amp for the input. The amp I bought is stereo but I have been working on drawing a schematic of one side since it came without one. It is a one off homebrew and without a schematic I can't tweak.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.