Power Supply Rating / Fuse calculation / Understanding ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Is this because of that, when the input signal is positive at a point t, then one LM4780 needs (+) while the other in the same moment needs (-) current ? Then this would also need +-80mF."

No not really, each rail will only see a 4 ohm load like this. But it is both rails at the same time. If not a bridge but two separate channels driving the same polarity into 4 ohms one rail will see a 2 ohm load while the other is unloaded.

But really, I'd say try it and see if it works as you want.

Great explained ... "each rail will only see a 4 ohm load like this"
The word "see" pointet it all out, now i understand. I looked allways the Amp side, but not from the transformer side.

"But really, I'd say try it and see if it works as you want."
I already have 2 x 47mF per rail and that sounds really great and this amp enables abyssal bass.
I wanted to know this for my future projects, as caps in this size are to expensive only for a test. The summary is, that i've 4 caps to much on my 2 mono BPA's (including offset nulling). Therefore i've paid 4 x 80$ to much for the caps (theoretically ;) someone would now say the more C the better).
But the questions about the fuses is now solved, as those chipamps are really cheap in comparison to the time you need to change them when defect. And giving the Amps seperate fuses, was a great hint.

Best regards and thanks ...

artQuake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.