Power Supply for 500W+500W Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT,
Now i get it, thank you sir, i forgot that what Im computing is the maximum peak power :scratch:

You probably don't need 200W in any home application other than subwoofer duty.

Do you have something to recommend sir?

Are you planning to by an amp module/kit that claims 200W out? or are you looking to build something from scratch?

Im going to buy to buy an amp module and im still deciding on what amplifier to build. and speaking of building an amplifier, my professor will teach us how to build an, amplifier i think that will be in this coming semester.

Your prof probably has a design with boards available, unless the class is to teach you board design.

As I mentioned, I like the Leach amp as a first project. Professor Leach appears to offer boards, but some of the devices he uses are getting scarce. Tyronziness may have some updated Leach boards available from his last group buy.Take a look in the Solid State Forum for other ideas. Rod Elliot has some nice designs with boards available. A lot of ESP P101s and P3As are out there. For an easy build, try DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information. For modules ready to hook up to your power supply, take a look at Aspen Amplifiers and High End Audio MOSFET Amplifiers There are others, these have good reputations and were the first to come to me.

Good. IMHO it would be a waste of your tuition to get a board and stuff it according to the BOM for credit. For good reading and lots of design theory explanation, go to Pass Labs: Technical articles It might give you an idea for next semester's project.

In the meantime, build one of the designs for which you can get boards so you get some idea about designing for assembly as well as performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.