Power Supply down, I need help desperately

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an LSK. Magic DV II LCD panel and it works fine, but this morning the power supply unit failed and wonj't work anymore. I have looked at ebay but I can't find one to replace it, and if i can't find a new PSU I will have to buy another LCD panel even though mine works fine.
So if you know where I can get my hands on a replacement PSU for this LCD projector, please let me know.
Here are a few details about the PSU that I need. The lead that connects to the LCD panel has five pins in all a semi-circle/half moon,
on the back of the PSU it says " DC output:5V - 2 amps, 12V - 1.5 amps
Model PSM-3021

Also if you know of any other PSUs that work with my LCD panel that would be great.
Thanks, I desperately need help on this.

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 141
I'm not sure wether the lcd you have is a ohp-panel or pulled out of a monitor. If it is the later, the chance of it working is a little higher as the backlight would not be left and it consumes fairly much power. The current rating of that supply sounds like it is over rated for the lcd if you ask me, but maby if it is an old lcd or so it might draw that much.

I don't think that there is a big risk in burning the supply. If the lcd draws too much current the voltage will drop and the lcd will probably not work. If the lcd works, the current is enough and you most probably are inside of the spec. of the supply. Thus it should not break.
So, either it works and you are fine, or it won't work and you need another supply.

A power supply from a pc would give enough current if you are able to wire it up correctly to the lcd.

It would be easy as was said before to use an old computer power supply for the necessary power tettydeedee needs. It would also be fairly simple to wire up a linear supply with probably very little money as well.

Tettydeedee, those are VERY easy requirements to meet, both voltage and current, for a half-decent power supply designer/company/do-it-yourself'er. If it fails again, you really don't have much to get excited about; replacement *should* be easy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.