Power Rating of T-300 Projector Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody know the power rating of the Peavey T-300 High Frequency Projector Speaker. Last time I checked the Peavey website, they didn't have an owner's manual for these. I own a couple, and as long as my hottest amp was 60 w/ch it wasn't a problem. But I've got a CS800s and a PV-1.3k amp now, how much is too much? Each has 3 little tweeters and 2 10" woofers, is about the most I can tell without taking them apart. And isn't it getting about time to replace the crossover caps? The grill is stuck in there pretty well, how would one go about getting into them? Unscrew the tweeters?
I've setting up to run the HDTV tuner into them, time to silence the hissy little 2x6 speakers on the television itself.
Thans for looking.

Thank you. I wasn't aware Peavey even had a forum. Anybody searching for this later, the answer was 125 W continuous, 250 Peak. Later versions are 150 W continuous and 300 W peak. They are 8 ohms, which I had figured out with a meter. The actual model number is 1210TS, with the 3 tweeter T-300 projector also sold separately. Production started 7/20/81. Mine are so old they don't have a serial # plate or sticker.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.