Power output into 4 ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm confused :confused: , which sadly happens more then I'd like to admit. I'v searched though many threads and through google, but still the answer eludes me. If both the Aleph 3 and Aleph J operate in single ended class-a mode, why does one double it's power into 4 ohms and the other halve it's power.

Aleph 3 60w into 4 ohms

Aleph J 13w into 4 ohms

Thanks for any input

Dave

The different sections of the Aleph amps are quite interchangable if you understand the different functions being used. I've just finished up a pair of monoblocks optimized for 4 ohms using the front end of the J and the output section quite like the 30 except with 3.6A bias and 55% AC current gain. It's quite easily done but does change the original design parameters so I just call them Alephs. They have bags of current capacity for difficult loads.

Here are the schematic and distortion curves of my SRPP power buffer what I built.
The bias current is about 0.75A.
The AC gain is about 85% in order to let it work in Class AB mode.
If the AC gain is 50%, it cannot work in Calss AB mode.

Attachments

• SRPP Power buffer.gif
    SRPP Power buffer.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 238
  • srpp damp.gif
    srpp damp.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 231
  • srpp dfrq.gif
    srpp dfrq.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 233
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.