Power Follower (P.Macura) some question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hei, Upupa Epops

I sence sarcasm in Your post :(
I'll tell You what do I want from two transistors in Class A:
I want most balanced sound, with enough and smooth level of low, mid and high frequences, ok!?! And i suppose that for "Adult Amp" You mean amplifier with more transistors, maybe 50W-100W power amp etc, etc... NO, i don't want dumba-dum-dumba-dum in my house. With my 90db/w/m speakers I need max 10-20W of power amp.
I really don think that perfect amplifier will be with more transistors and complexed bunch of shemes...
And what do you think that Power Follower is Toy for Children?!
Hm, i really pass this your opinion between my ears...
Look at Yourself :mad: , electronics is my hobby, not profession... and after Your post i really start thinkig that is not Your profession too...

Yes, thank You MikeB, more bass = more low freq.
And I want more bass from this sheme, because there is irregular lack of bass, i think. And for "dumba-dum-dumba-dum" I mean - more power output from amplifier [in dB] and this was about post from Upupa Epops. This sheme i think is very high-end constructed, but when i listen amplifier, freq. curve of amplifier is not 4Hz - 250kHz at -3dB, but maybe 4Hz - 250kHz in -6dB till 18dB in lowest freq.

Reggards!

No problemos Mike, and i understand what do You mean... :)
= means equal, not unequal like 2+2=4 :cannotbe:
I think that for these amplifier topology i will try replacing transistors with similar types or different makers. Maybe IRF244, IRFP244 or similar... and if lack of bass stay again, then i will go to the different topology but again in Class A :)
or. maybe i will try some tube for preamp, but I suppose that result will be the same...
Pavel , what do You think about the problem with lowest freq.?

PMA is my friend and I know sound of this amp very well...Realy don't wait miracle... Electronic is my profession and I know, whatabout I'm talking. When I was starting, in my country was very popular amp, which had five transistors. Ofcourse, it had " five transistor sound " ;) and I was searching, like you, for good amp... Breakpoint for me was sound of Tiger 01, which had, as I remember, eighteen transistors....It was realy " adult " amp and from this time I know, that simply amps are for nothing...If you can " supersound ", build another PMA's amp, PMA-AB1. I belive, that you will be satisfied...BTW, faith, that only class A have good sound, is nonsense...

Okay Upupa Epops, if i'm wrong, then i'm sorry, but i know what i'm talking about like you say "faith" in Class A - i really don't know , but i know what i was "hearing" and feel when i'm listen Class A can't be compared to any other type amplifier that i was listened! :cool:
but ... WOW - eighteen transistors :hot: this must be the bigest stove that i've seen :bigeyes:
And yes, i'm ready for experimenting, and i want supersound. Waht would be Your suggestion? And why PMA-AB1?
Best reggards!

OK Upupa Epops :)
Making of PCB for Power Follower was so hard for beginner like me, and i suppose that i can't succed with that for PMA AB-1...
I have big desire and i'm soo curious of making that AB-1, but i do not have skills, and maybe for that PCB i would need help - is it posible of purchase PCB for stereo variant of AB-1? And maybe purchase of rare (for Bulgarian market) power transistors?
Thank You in advance!
Best reggard!
p.s. Pavel, if You know about my unqualified sense to PCB's and if have PCB's for Your AB-1 project, You'll be welcome!!
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.