• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just in case;) max voltage difference for the LM's to dispose off, is approx 40 volts, so the regulated supply is usefull only for unreg. rails up to about just over 50V (Assuming you want +/-15V). The LM's will need a heatsink like the diodes. Values are approximate.

:)

Attachments

• acd_psu.jpg
    acd_psu.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,445
Ok then... Not tomorrow yet however ;)

I haven't added additional circuits suggested by steenoe, as I think we have to discuss the options first;

Do we want a +/-12-15V regulator circuit for driving eg. active crossovers, or should we make a separate supply for the VAS stage ?

Happy discussing :D

Attachments

• diyaudio universal power amp psu schematic 2.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 406
Regulated section

Jan,
That is what I suggested a few days ago. It would be nice to have a snap off section for regulators for the VAS stage.
It could be used for either the VAS stage, or active circuitry like crossovers, etc. depending on how it was configured.
Thanks,
Donovan

By steenoe:
Just in case max voltage difference for the LM's to dispose off, is approx 40 volts, so the regulated supply is usefull only for unreg. rails up to about just over 50V (Assuming you want +/-15V).

Many may want to use higher rails.....
I know of peoples that run the LYNX at +/-90VDC with 16 pairs of output devices ;)

How can we best achieve both ??

Hi Jan

Good work. Your circuit in post #26 is fine by me. Exactly what I want. After all you started by talking about a PSU for a power amp.

But by all means to make it more universal, you can add other regulator circuits if you wish. Prospective users of this board can choose to load what compnents they need for their intended application.

Regards

Gary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.