power amp. blown fuse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guy,
i have a sakura power amp.model av-737. i have discover that there are 2 busted fuses rated 10 amp.So i replace it with new one. i try to test the amp. without speaker connectection. now a 220 ohm resistor and a supposed transistor has been fried... what can be the possible cause?.. is it something to do of having no load or speaker connection ?:eek:

power on via a Mains Bulb Tester.
That will let you see what voltages are inside.

Is the amplifier Valve/tube or solid state.

SS do not need a load. I believe it is better to have no load during much of the testing.

A Valve amp must have a load connected to the output transformer.

hi guy,
i have a sakura power amp.model av-737. i have discover that there are 2 busted fuses rated 10 amp.So i replace it with new one. i try to test the amp. without speaker connectection. now a 220 ohm resistor and a supposed transistor has been fried... what can be the possible cause?.. is it something to do of having no load or speaker connection ?:eek:

most likely just one channel is affected right?
what you have to do is to check for parts that have been damaged and replace them with good parts, make sure you get them all replaced, if you miss out on one, you will have bigger trouble...

the series lamp tester is a good idea, a 50 watt incandescent lamp is suitable for this size of amp, and if you made something wrong with the repairs, the lamp will lit fully on without letting the magic smoke,

once you made a successful repair, that lamp will turn bright for a second or two and become extinguished later on...

SS do not need a load. I believe it is better to have no load during much of the testing.

Karl, andrew got it all wrong........
"all wrong" or part wrong?

Which parts need to be changed?
Or are you back to your practice of hurling abuse when I post.

Back to your accusation
andrew got it all wrong.....
Which part of my comments and questions is wrong?
"
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post

Or are you back to your practice of hurling abuse when I post.

Looks the same to me.

That rojimz is from Philippines and ajt is also from Philippines, where apparently that amp is very
famous or notorious in my country depending on who you talk to
does not mean that everybody else in DIYAudio is also in the Philippines, so supposing everybody else, all over the Planet should know it well is, at least, presumptuous.

AndrewT suggestion is technically correct and applies to any amp, famous or not anywhere in the World.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.