• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Group Buy for VRDN Boards

Good point, Zum911, but stability mostly aimed at issues with the TI chips, if used. Yes, the parts change can work just fine with ON chips as well. I can't imagine building an ON version and swapping TI chips in for fun, but someone will!

As always, this is the group buy thread and I will continue to direct parts/circuit questions to Mark's thread. ;)

Ok I can’t wait this long. Lol

Attachments

• ECA6B1D2-8372-4B74-87DA-060D05274497.jpeg
    ECA6B1D2-8372-4B74-87DA-060D05274497.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 53
Usual disclaimers why I'm late........
Are there one to two pair boards available to buy or a new group buy I've not seen to sign up to?
Thanks!

I'll pm you, Holzarbeiter.

As for the 317 and 337, please see the VRDN discussion here:
Main Thread:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...l-ckts-11v-to-20v-1-5a-with-de-noiser.355883/

And more importantly, Mark's post #694:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...o-20v-1-5a-with-de-noiser.355883/post-7322633

Mark has devised a way to use parts that are not on the BOM, but it comes with some risk. If you like to tinker, though, building and testing the VRDN could be quite fun.

Volpar, you'll probably want to search outside of Mouser. Try Arrow, Digikey, etc. There are some distributors that will have the parts later this year. I'd suggest going directly to onsemi and finding their list of verified distributors. You won't see it at first at this link, but fill in your region and country, then scroll down PAST the local sales office stuff and you'll see the distributors.
https://www.onsemi.com/support/sales
Yes, there are non-authorized distributors for onsemi. Several, in fact. My own personal trust level is near zero for non-authorized distributors, however.

You're welcome.

Yes, we all want to build and solder and wheeeeeee and the parts problems take some of the fun out. But they'll catch up sooner or later. I would suggest ordering early as most places will let you do so, then they'll ship when the parts arrive. That way you'll be on the list - and they may sell out of the parts before then. Scary to think we'd get to September and still not be able to get parts.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Wise advise!

So many P/S's are out of stock. Vendors not replying Or needing bits 6 months out. I wanted to try othre then the trusted PS-22.

Then the omnipotent Mark Johnson to the rescue! :superman:

Newarks Onsemi Part No.
Manufacturer Part No:LM337BTG
Manufacturer Part No:LM317BTG

Hoping the 'BTG' designation is acceptable. Ordered.

Onsemi LM317s AND LM337s in stock at Newark...
My original order was just a few days before that. I figured I should just "get on the list" and do my time waiting. The 317s shipped already, but a note for the 337s reads: "Processing. Your order has been received and is being prepared to ship." It has been this way for days. must.be.patient. must.be.patient! :censored:

Just a follow-up, I heard that a few of you have received the parts from Newark. Mine are still "Processing." Yeah, right. Email dispatched to those bozos and phone call will occur on Monday. Sheesh, sometimes these businesses just have no idea what they're doing. Oh well, the weather is nice in the Seattle area today, so it's a great time to get out of the house. 🌞