• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
What bugs are these? Please check that digikey order before ordering as there are components there to rectify the error since discussed.

And I DID allert you, on this thread, within 1 hour of making that order.(post 187 on this thread)
Yes you did alert me - but AFTER placing the order. So no way for me to decide shipping address and including a phone number.

You do not multiply the number of spares kits with the number of parts.
Result: 24 mosfets and 36 smd caps are missing to make up the 12 spares kits.
I can't understand why people would need spares of all these TO-220 voltage regulators and mosfets as they are difficult to loose or mess up when soldering. But that is another story.

I have to brake up the import taxes to the individual subscribers based on what they will receive in terms of parts. Is column K (total due) the right place to find the value?

Cheers,

Nic

Um, that was intentional, a spares kit contains ONE(1) of each of the mosfets and ONE(1) of the SMD caps, and so this is not an error, but the contents of a spares kit. That number is the number of components in a parts kit.

Also the contents of these kits was fixed when kits were paid for. No-one seemed to want change then.

About the shipping, in order to make the order they required me to ship to the same address in order to get the order through, I had talked to them on the phone. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I did ask for you to send me your phone number.

And yes Collumn K on the first sheet is correct.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Is the below the correct way of placing the SMDled on the silkscreen of the protection PCB? I know the long green line is at the anode end of the LED, but I have not seen this silkscreen labeling before.

Thanks,

Nic

Attachments

• SMDled.png
    SMDled.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 138
Maybe someone can place hires pics here of a completely assembled and tested protection PCB?
I also want to build this board at short notice. I will not be soldering it but I will use the professional setup of one of my suppliers, so I will put solder paste on one side of the board, after that I will place all components and the board will go through the oven afterwards. So I need to be sure about placement of all parts 100% before I start.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
A high-rez photo of a finished board will not help you much for the SMD LEDs as these are only marked on the bottom side;)
I also have to decide how to put in the bi-colour through-hole LED....

The rest of the placings are quite unequivocal. I was considering to get myself a hot-air rework station for this job, but in the end I did it with my normal iron - not to difficult.

My biggest concern is how I will test the correct functionality when done:confused:
Unfortunately no build thread for this part AFAIK.

the protection kits for the EU GB members are with heinz1 now and will be ready to ship as soon as we have determined the postage costs. If people pay promptly I would say that we should have it out by the beginning of next week.

I will later today put the updated GB sheet back in my signature.

Cheers,

Nic

For the SMD LEDs it does not matter as they are matched in paralell with polarities reversed. Just so long as you are consistant.

I would suggest that you not solder the led untill you have the board mounted it to the front pannel do that you may judge the correct height.

I will check my board in the morning and send both a high resolution photograph and the correct led placement.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Patrick.

Alexis,

I cannot find C25, 28, 32, 35, 21 and 22 in the BOM.

I assume these to be 1.0uF 1206 caps from the fact that these are the only remaining small components in the kit after having populated the rest of the board.

Or is there a more up to date BOM?

Cheers,

Nic

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Use normal TO220 power device isolation shouldered washers.
The gap should be 1mm.

Patrick

Ok. It fits and how perfectly! The rectifiers even have a build-in heat-sink in the front panel:D
My compliments Patrick, XEN audio and ashaw!

But, what do I do with the 24 jumper positions and how do I check the hole circuit:confused:

Is there a thread/post that I am not aware of? I know that I should be able to understand this from the schematics, but I don't recall where all the options are described in detail.....

Cheers,

Nic

Last edited:
Please explain calculation of GB taxes to end user

the main aim of GB Is lowering the costs
but that can not be when seeing taxes here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEOBYMjfusdEhJaGE1d2RSejEzN1E1aW85Yk1mMlE#gid=0
I like to get explanation of how calculation have been made
for example let take my order - It costs usd 112 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjpNkr7SH2OZdHBUc3NBNHg2UHFVNHhkNFl6OUFVZ2c#gid=0 - and I have to pay additional 39.4 euro to shipping tax of 6.8 euro
I like to know the way that additional 39.4 euro are calculated

Joined 2009
Paid Member
As it is shown in the spread sheet in my signature and as I explained you by PM:

Your order is 135$ (column K in ashaws spread sheet)

Your fractional cost of the EU GB is:
135/(265+135+135+131+135+135+135+84+40+131+135+177)=0.0824

My costs are:
113.53+297.12+15.38+52.43=478 euro

Your part of my costs is:
478 * 0.082 = 39.4 euro

Postage to you: 6.8 euro

3.5% PayPal fee: (39.4+6.8)*0.035=1.6 euro

Total: 39.4+6.8+1.6 = 47.9 euro

(give or take a few rounding up/down errors not present in the spread sheet)

That this GB has been complicated, slow and not provided any economic benefit may very well be true.

However, the real question is: what do you suggest to do about it now?

Keep in mind that I already paid for you and that the only possible entity to have a gain in this affair is the Italian state.

I can assure that the amounts NicMac claims for reimbursement are correct.
He has sent me .pdf-files of the bills, receipts etc. I also see the stamp on the parcel (€52,43) he has sent me.

I can't tell about the exact calculation of the Italian import taxes.

But I can tell you about the shipping costs because I am going to send the parts to you.

Shipping costs are composed of:

- one box like this (ColomPac Paket Versandkarton SM)

https://www.efiliale.de/efiliale/ka...d4650082&navAction=push&parentCat=cat46840110

Price shown in the link is for two boxes; so price for one box is therefore €1,25.

- I can ship this box as Deutsche Post/DHL letter for €3,45.

- Additionally, I send the letter by registered mail for €2,05.

That's a sum of €6,75 which I have placed in the spreadsheet; for a reason unknown to me this sum is rounded up to €6,80.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
NicMac how would you explain

My costs are:
113.53+297.12+15.38+52.43=478 euro

what are these If ashaw had already picked up shipping taxes
This is what I have had to pay personally to get the shipments from ashaw/digikey through customs in italy. Show me where ashaw collected payment for shipping taxes, and he will have to reimburse you.
These expenses are not his responsibility, but ours as receivers on another continent.

Please answer my question: how do you suggest we divide the cost in a better way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.