• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Potential Group Buy - Aluminium enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In order to place it out of the way, I am thinking of placing the SMPS600 on one side. Attaching the 140mmx85mm PS directly to the side would not leave enough of a safety gap at each end, because of the bulge of the corner pieces. Also the PS is designed to be attached from the bottom, not via through screws.

So I would attach the Power Supply to a 154mmx85mm rectangular piece of aluminum (cut from the supplied internal panel) and attach the whole assembly to one side of the enclosure using the existing 4 corner screws.

In order to go through that extra aluminum sheet, I would then need longer screws to replace 4 of the corner-piece screws. Question: what is the thread spec, is it metric?

Thanks,
Guy

I did a 3D modeling found that RE2207L may be another good option for nCore. Tested 2 configuration: nC400 x2 + SMPS1200 and NC400x2 + SMPS600 x 2, both have enough rooms.

Attachments

• NC400-SMPS600.jpg
    NC400-SMPS600.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 279
  • NC400-SMPS1200.jpg
    NC400-SMPS1200.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 279
Let's all welcome SR to the NCore craze... ;p
RE2207L seems fine but it's too generic looking for my taste but it's a good affordable choice. ;)
For something more... exquisite I would consider an enclosure along the lines of the enclosure we made for this GB or a variation of the RE2417WH (without the heatsink).

Guy, hope someone who has received the enclosure or SR can comment on the thread spec. It should be metric. M3 or M4 most probably but can't tell from the pics.

Last edited:
hmmm, it's really need to be crazy to buy that small round board at hundreds of Euro although I know it's excellent and worth that money.

Accordong to the spec it has no IC. I'm just courious how can hypex make a class-D with discrete components??

That proprietary discrete design happens to be the best Class D amp out there and one that very favorably compares to the best power amps out there. That's why those small round boards cost that much. ;)

Just received one of my packages. Wow! Quality is genuinely top notch!
Many "hi-end" companies would struggle to get these looks and quality.
Knew we were getting great bang for our buck but you really need to see these in person to realize the extent of the bargain. :)

Btw, I'll have to email SR because, other than the vertical panels, my enclosures (at least those included in this package) also miss the four extra brackets needed to mount the internal panels.

Guys, I need your opinion on something...

Tommy has paid the deposit but hasn't showed up to pay the second half and get his enclosures.
He did get my initial message that the enclosures are ready and that the 2nd round of payments has begun but he hasn't logged in since the 26th of April.

There is another member who is interested in these enclosures.
Should we wait for Tommy?

I'm thinking SiliconRay can perhaps issue a refund to Tommy and let the other member get his enclosures.
I believe SR have thoughts of building another batch of these enclosures anyway so perhaps Tommy will claim some of those if he's still interested by then.

I propose he should be contacted via a private message and email if possible, and give him the choice between paying the balance or a refund.

Only if he does not respond to these within three days should the box go to someone else.

I know I was distracted traveling for two weeks when my initial payment was due.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.