postmortem of loudspeaker project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mazurek said:
I just wrote a huge write up of my speaker project. Dayton 12HF - Peerless 83075, Seas 27TDFC, active crossover.

http://www.mazprojects.com/audio/

Please comment, any newbies here should be able to learn something from it, veterans give me your opinion.

Hi Mazurek,

very nice documentation.

I´ve another question: What is the reason for using the AD version of the UCD if you already have a dozen OPA2134 in the signal path? I have the STD UCD and I thought about eliminating the opamp on the UCD and putting the gain stage in the preamp before the active crossover.

Stephan

Mazurek,

Nice work both the product and the writing.

BTW, just a bit confused about which plasma is going to be used for the new all-blow-away tweeters;
i) the constituent of blood
ii) a gas of positive ions & free electrons essentially having equal amount of +ve and -ve charges
iii) a green variety of quartz used in mosaic for decorative purposes.
:angel:

AMEN!

Stephan,

I don't see why you couldn't eliminate it as a gain stage - its only +/-12v so it doesn't have any more gain range than an OPA2134. Does it act as an input buffer though, and what is its gain?

I may end up getting more UCDs in the future, and if its easy to bypass the opamps altogether, I'll order STD versions.

I was going for quick and easy amplifier solution, and only researched the UCD minimally. I really only selected based upon hearing that the AD version sounds better, but that the amplifiers are power supply agnostic, I don't have experience listening to different opamps.

Lee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.