Post Your Results II

So, if you want it, I have a 150mm diameter triplet lens that may help you catch a lot more of light from your LCD without the needing of such a wide and short cone of light from your Fresnel. your image will be super bright beacuse of the lens diameter in the same focal length (320mm) and very sharp and color corrected because it´s a triplet lens. So email me if you need it.

Where did you get a 150mm diameter triplet. Wow, I would definetely be interested. I also want to use unsplit so the double fresnel is before the lcd. So to get a wider beam at 13 inches from the lcd I need to move the double fresnel even closer to the lamp correct?

This is gonna be a problem because I already have to be at 7 inches from the arc with the 65mm triplet. I think I would need longer FL back fresnel like the one you got from surplus shed. Even so instead of 12 inches distance that you have I would probably be 6 inches from the bulb with the 150mm triplet. Do my numbers make sense? How can I benefit from the 150mm diameter triplet? And the FL is 320mm of the triplet?

The Screen- Am in close to the border of Puerto Iguazu now . I found blackout that is also called here but it may not be the same thing. Take a look at my thread Is this Blackout Cloth and tell me if it looks the same? Sounds different to me.

Noob results and screenshot

Hi all - I've been lurking since around New Years when I stumbled on this site, and finally tonight took some pics of my semi-completed set up. They are here:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djohnson1@snet.net/album?.dir=/b96e

Dukane 4003 $58 Shipped (Inventory solutions)
sharp qa 1500 $125 shipped (ebay)
4x8 tileboard screen $14 (Homies)
Curtains $28 (wally world)
extra set of speakers $6 (Goodwill)

everything else hand me downs, dumpster dives, etc.

I'm lucky right now because I've claimed the basement as my own domain, so I didn't get in too much trouble when I took out the sawzall, and cut a hole thru the wall into the laundry room. Ever since I built my original 100" ebay fresnal scammer 2 years ago, I've wanted the proj behind me. I get a 60" horizontal image, and when sitting on the futon I'm about 9 feet away. The sharp panel works great, and I've logged about 30 hours playing ffx-2 with low wattage lights on behind me. I believe the response time on this panel is 50:1, and it does show up as a little slow sometimes, especially watching basketball, but it's perfectly acceptable to me right now. This project gives an incredible rate of return on investment.

Thanks to all whose posts made it possible for me to get this far, and I'll post more results, once I start ripping some monitors apart.

Attachments

• 7613-1.jpg
    7613-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,761
those who live in Seattle or suburb

Boeing surplus in Kent is selling 3M 9008 (if that is the correct #)
one has a cracked bottom lens) the other one seems in good condition. They were priced $45 and $35 . both were without any bulb!

and for the interested ones there were also 2 barco projectors including an installation frame, price was marked TBD or make offer!

the machines were in full working order, looked very clean! and had everything with them (included tools, cleaning materials, manuals etc etc)

J-P

(i noticed them on Friday)

My results with VG151 15"

After testing with old laptop lcd I finally got my VG151 and made an encolsure for it - there are 2 boards that need to be mounted at right angles to the LCD and the ribbons are not in the best position (I have pics of the tear down process if anyone wants). I'll put down a few pics - the first is the LCD and the enclosure - the second will be finding nemo at around 90" screen, and the third is the same with me inthe image using the camera timer but the camera shifted a bit.

Attachments

• vg151enclosure1.jpg
    vg151enclosure1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,419
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

;)

my projector is :
- 150W hqi /d bulb in a 500w halogen reflector/spot
- fresnel and triplet lens from DIY labs
- LCD 15" unknown name (bought on august 2003, 175$) with ribbon :eek:
- projector style is like the MK II (only a mirroir betwen buld and LCD) to stop the heat
- only one 120mm fan running at 5.5V, very quiet

picture have been took with a kodak CX 6330

screen is 1.80 meter wide, 2.5 meter from the watching point

4" tft - scrapheap projector

I have posted in my beamerdiary alsmost every week, but today i can post here!! whoho!

I wanted to build a 7" lilliput beamer, but i am low on cash so I build this projector. Specifications:

Lamp: 70W HQI, 5500 lumen, colortemp. unknow.
LCD: Innovation PSone screen, 4" 340x280.
Size: 50x30x15cm
three foil fresnels - NOT sandwitch type.
Condensor lens from slide projector (fl ~7 cm, 6 cm diameter)
Buidling material: Rigips (plywood)
Projection screen: old slideprojector screen

It is a little big for only the 4" display but I love it.
It only needs a paint job.

For pictures of the build klick here

The projector

Some light leakage:

Projections (40")

Cartoons look nice:

Text:

From a distance very nice:

My DIY Projector setup

My work was getting rid of their LCD panels due to age and buying LCD Projectors (Well they have more $ that I do) so I picked up an Apollo Vision 262k (640x480 color panel) and an ASK IMPACT 400 (800x600 color panel) so I had to try them out. Obviously the 800x600 looks better but the 640x480 was nice too.

I bought an Apollo Concept 2210 OHP at OfficeMax on sale for $150 new. I also wound up buying a S-VGA video to VGA converter so I didn't have to use my PC to view DVDs and such. The converter is actually quite nice, does a lot and was also on sale (of course) for $69. It is a TeleViewer Pro POP from:
http://store.grandtec.com/tepropop.html

Here is a picture of it on my living room wall. The babe is my wife. :)

A lazy posting of my result.

Hello Gentlemen(+ladies)! I finished this formcore projector about 3month ago. I 've been using this well. A lazy boy is posting his result.

- Infocus TVT-3000, 24xxxx color, Active matrix, 640x480.(has only VGA input), true color mode.
- bulb is Osram HQI 250W 5200k.
- acryl panel+soft fresnel +acryl panel +LCD+soft fresnel combination

It plays ac3 DIVX really well, shows very smooth motion. And the brightness is good at night time, fucos is really neat, but at daytime it's kind of dim. In a day time, I need to close all the curtains and blinds. and little bit reduce the screen size to get acceptable brightness.
I used formcore and put some black color paper from my shcool.
I made some gap between formcore and light bulb. So it doesn't melt.
I wish I could get some ribon cable(Flexible) and I break that panel and make customized case with wood. That will be great.

I'm satisfied with this projector at this moment.(but it's big~~)
If you look for a cheap way this might help.
Screen shot is Korean windows (I'm an international student). It's 85 inch formcore screen(also from school :).

This site was really helpful, Thanks. I will keep thinking about upgrading.!!

Attachments

• pro.jpg
    pro.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,723