post your leach amp photos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I did a redesign of the leach amp board a while back, integrating the output device wiring into the pcb.

I got sidetracked and never got the production boards made. I had considered remaking the board a bit smaller, and adding extra spacing to use Black Gate capacitors.

Layout pictures:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/leachamppcb

--
Brian

Attachments

• leach.jpg
    leach.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 753
Lesch super amp:)

hi fellow crazy men

Some pics off this crazy project :) the dubble barrel leach amp mesured to 2 x 290 w 8 ohm 1000hz all the components are mached ... alot of work but i think its worth it
sounds werry nice comperd to thinngs lice zindac 200w clase A and otther, and it have unlimeted power hehe I runn the amp on a diy la pass balanced pre amp it seems to like the pre amp werry well!!

an ewery thing is made in the garade ewen the pcb`s
an the chasiss are cut with a ordenary electric wood saw.

we aculy made 2 amps me and a frinde a werry nic project
I hop the pics can be interesting to see

best regards Rasmus

Attachments

• leach s (small).jpg
    leach s (small).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 415
Lesch super amp innside I

The thing is weing well over 30 kg .. the xformer is monted in the box in the back 1200va and a total of 12000uf x 8 = 96000uf and loded with ca 80 v it is alot of energy and the potensial for ball lightning is quit pressent.:)( we trid a small on hehe)
because off all the caps are rated 200v so they are quit big and it is not rom for annything more inside the box caps were surplus

each chanel/heatsink are fixt to the amp with thred rods so it is easy to flip down a channel if it neds service..

It was my/ouer first DIY amp, I wil not advice to doo this as the first diy amp, we were lucky to have a frind that helpt us a bit with audio aspect of this ( I am treeind in electronics)

I just ask hehe who need 300w in the living rom :) a awarage wife can manage ca 7-8 watt :):)
(sorry for the english ..... I try my best

regards Rasmus happy Christmas

Attachments

• picture 026 (medium).jpg
    picture 026 (medium).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 304
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.