Post your fullrange auditory hallucinations!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was listening to some tunes in my Aunts house one day. Her stereo was nothing special, just a little boombox thing. But anyways, she came in all mad at me because I didn't answer the phone. I said thats what that noise was. The phone rang so perfect in time with the music I thought it was part of the song.

Going up from full range, is f/r on o/b. I am still "testing" some 6" panasonics with the backs of the crummy flakeboard cabs, and some of the sounds are amazing. You hear something on tracks you've been playing for decades, you have never noticed before, replay the passage on the f/r in a/ps, it's there, but not as well defined. Even down in the bass, which is a bit thin off a 6" cone. Still planning the baffle.

Try listening to a live TV program in stereo. Even the 6 o'clock news.

I have had great fun with Websters Birds of Australia. Playing the segment on cockatoos, the family dogs would go outside to check on the family cocky, then start looking for the new arrival.

But the best trick was to play Tropical Thunderstorms when the neighbour was hanging out the washing, on a clear blue day.

Live recordings take the cake. Voices in the audience can sound like the're in the room, and I have a voice at the back door on a Joss Stone track. I have even gone to the door to see who's there. That's scary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.