Possible Vent Hole Issues?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Have a pair of Technics SB-L35 2-Way Speakers. For an upcoming party, I was hoping to get new woofers of a higher watt rating, so I would actually have working speakers when the party was through (note loud volumes). I was looking on Parts Express for awhile, and I decided to go with a pair of BOSS CH10 Chaos Extreme 10 inch Woofers. They have a watt rating of: peak 400W, 200W Continuous. I got them, and got them installed nicely (after a bit of speedy hole trimming), and they sounded great. they have an awesome frequency response, and they can sure take alot of power. My issue with them is that when i get up to a high level on my Technics 50 Watt SA-404 Receiver, the vent holes on the speakers get really windy. There is quite alot of air pumping in and out of them, and that wind noise almost overpowers the speakers themselves. My question being, are the vent hole on my speakers to small? or is it just a bad enclosure for the speaker? (I forgot to mention, the vent holes are 2 1/2 inches in diameter, and they are 13x9x23 Cabinets)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.