Portable stereo design help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I've recently got back into speaker building and am still very much a beginner so decided to join DiyAudio. There is so much good info on here and I was hoping you guys could help me with my project.

I'm building a battery powered stereo with a SureElectronics TK2050 amp, two 12V 15Amp Lithium Ion batteries in series for power and a Sound stream MPQ-7X0 4 output EQ connected to the amp (see attached basic diagram).

My first question is can I treat the two 12V batteries as a single battery (24V) and install an LED volt meter in the circuit just before they are connected to the amp? Can I also charge both through a single charger input?

My next question is about matching input/output sensitivity. The EQ has a max output of 8VRMS and the TK2050 has an input sensitivity of 0.520VRMS. Is there something I can put on the output of the EQ to bring it down to around 1VRMS?

Any help/advise greatly appreciated.
Cheers

tm38.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ive discovered that Li-ion/ li-po cant be charged when connected in series. Im now thinking ill build a switch in the circuit that will allow the batteries to be disconnected mechanically before being plugged in to charge. I think I will also be better off building in 2 LED voltmeters rather than one.

Next up Ill be researching components to match in/output sensitivity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.