Port Length help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am rebuilding my 2way ported system and adding in an extra 8 inch woofer. I have increased the box size to 14"x27"x11" being the spare MDF size I had. Equivalent to 4158 cubic inches. So I have now in each box two 8inch woofers and two tweeters.
I already have some 2" pvc plumbing pipe and thinking of using this otherwise I can get a larger size. My question being the length of this 2inch pipe. Can anyone assist in how long the port tube should be?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If your old system was tuned correctly and all you are doing is adding a second driver, to first order, you can double the volume of the box and use two of the exact same ports. If you have speaker T/S parameters, run a program like WinISD to calculate your port length given driver params, box volume, and desired tuning frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.