Poor Man's Strad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All dampping details you could find on Troel's site. I have 100% wool stuffed on my speakers. Mundrof caps and all other material from Madisound, really nothing speacial.
It's still too early to say something deep. If compare to all speakers I built before even the horn system I've been listening for almost 18 mths, the PMS is detail, neutral and without too much coloration. It is quite balance on whole sound spectrum. I have been running them for almost 3 days straight and it sounds quite promising with admirable mids and deep fast lower ends.

Hello, i loved the PMS since the first view so i told myself ... this will be my loudspeaker. I prepared "my project drawings" (with Autocad LT), but looking around i saw many construction solutions, expecially in brace design, dimention, position and number of brace used, so before start building i like to share my drawings with other PMS builders. Maybe soon we can get a very detailed and accurate project. Please drop me your drawings and construction experience to my mail .... i will reply you.

Hello!

I'm considering to build the PMS and have a couple of questions to the more experienced builders:

- If you added bracing to the original design, did you enlarge the cabinet to compensate for the space it takes up and to maintain the original volume?

- Any experiences with modified designs that have a loarger volume?

- Does the crossover design depend on the volume of the cabinet?

- How is the opening of the midrange bosx to be built?

- Would anybody be so kind to share his plans /design files with me?

Thanks!
ElEsido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.