• Aleph J

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • M2X

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • F6

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Build separate power supply, either in separate chassis or inside same chassis but make extra holes for Neutrik Power Con. then you can switch different FW line up using just 1 power supply

so there will be no more question which one to build, just build them ALLLLL ;)

AJ (donated to my friend), M2 & J2 are my finished ones which sit on each side on monoblock chassis. F7 & F2 are on my waiting list but i need to build another 2 chassis for both of them.

Separate Power Supply should be a default item owned by anyone who claims to be FW maniac fans

Thanks that people are still giving their thoughts. I built the Aleph J and its been fantastic.

Patiently waiting for the next VFET kit to drop and that will be scooped up fast for the future.

I'm working on a DHT 4P1L preamp, 19dB of gain with Ale Mogliaa gyrator boards as a load. Plan is to build out an F4 on 4U/400 heatsinks and swap them in to the Aleph J case.

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 514
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 509
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Thanks that people are still giving their thoughts. I built the Aleph J and its been fantastic.

Patiently waiting for the next VFET kit to drop and that will be scooped up fast for the future.

I'm working on a DHT 4P1L preamp, 19dB of gain with Ale Mogliaa gyrator boards as a load. Plan is to build out an F4 on 4U/400 heatsinks and swap them in to the Aleph J case.

Wow! Nice build! 👏🏻

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Russellc, how would you compare the BA3 (BA1-BA3?) with the Aleph J? Thanks.

I built BA3 after F5, I believe which was my first Pass clone. I described it as a more "mature" amp than the F5. F5 is great, and part of that (besides the devil being in the details) is it simplicity. No caps in the signal path and all that.

The BA3 appears to be more complex, a little closer to some of the circuits of First Watts big brother Pass Labs amps.....but less complex. Single ended, not balanced, (although can be built that way) no super symmetry secrets, but the genetics are similar.

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.