Point my brain somewhere

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Madmike2 said:

Nah he didnt brain wash me. I qualified his comments by saying that he ISNT an audiophile BUT he is a genius in his field

Hey there is nothing wrong with going back to your physics professor and getting another opinion... but this time take with you something he understands...

I put up all the math needed and the T/S model for you... Give that to him and have him calculate out the volume levels of an underdamped cone... He should be able to do the whole exercize in less than 5 minutes... and you will get a completely non biased review that way... then let your ears be the final judge....

Madmike2 said:
I am playing with 700 $ amplifiers in stores. and have three in mind, if y'all dont know anything about them its cool. I am going to try and convince them to take 1000 dollars and let me take it home for a couple days and audition them one at a time.
Wahts the Scoop on these guys

Yamaha Mid Level Natural sound amplifier, would be about 500 US $

Denon same as above

And an Onkyo Integrated for 799$

All are Japanese, i am thinking i proabably need to broaden my search as countries follow trends.

Comments ?

( Everytime i find a good deal in a used shop, its gone before i get back there, hence the buy new strategy change )

Take your time and find a deal... whats wrong with ebay? there are lots of up there...

Once bitten :( :mad: got taken for four hundred a few years back. I dont really trust e-bay too much. I f i cant drive and get it or its not in the mail when i release money/cheque to whatever courier company then i will not risk it.

Ill take Planet-10's advice and make an appointment with Peter Daniel. In the mean time i will continue looking. This week is a big week for me now as i have the top end settled (it needs an amp not tuning) i have ordered the 4 d10.8 Hi-Vi woofers for the cabinets i already built. all that bottom below 75 hz i am going to finally get back :D

So the thread has already turned unpleasant. Can't say that I'm surprised.
mrss,
When you get done pounding your chest about how great you are, you might take a moment and note that not everyone here speaks English as a native language. That tends to lead to some fractured conversations; it takes a bit of reading between the lines to get someone's meaning (not to mention reading a number of threads in order to keep up with any one person's plans). jh6you, the last I heard, is going the route of high efficiency full range driver with a small amp. If you think high volume, per se, is where it's at, then that's peachy, but there are other roads to audio nirvana, and I'll bet that jh6you's hearing lasts longer than yours.
From what I've seen of his posts, he's not trying to 'bait' you or anyone else, he's just trying to understand a few things. It is you who stand revealed as a boor, not jh6you.
A little more manners and a lot less ego, please.
Madmike2,
I just had an ebay auction fall flat on me, so I can sympathize. The guy never responded to email. I gave it two weeks, then dropped it. I didn't have any money on the line, but it was frustrating, nonetheless.

Grey

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
My thinking could be always misalignment with yours, rnrss. It is always possible . . .

You are right that I already got it, as a temporary solution, to drive my current commercial speakers. Now, I'm reading many pages to widen my understanding about the issue to prepare myself for the coming diy horn speakers. Also, I'm trying some math about equalizers.

I think that I better go out of this thread.
Go ahead, rnrss, and enjoy!

Regards
jH

GRollins said:
So the thread has already turned unpleasant. Can't say that I'm surprised.
mrss,
When you get done pounding your chest about how great you are, you might take a moment and note that not everyone here speaks English as a native language. That tends to lead to some fractured conversations; it takes a bit of reading between the lines to get someone's meaning (not to mention reading a number of threads in order to keep up with any one person's plans). jh6you, the last I heard, is going the route of high efficiency full range driver with a small amp. If you think high volume, per se, is where it's at, then that's peachy, but there are other roads to audio nirvana, and I'll bet that jh6you's hearing lasts longer than yours.
From what I've seen of his posts, he's not trying to 'bait' you or anyone else, he's just trying to understand a few things. It is you who stand revealed as a boor, not jh6you.
A little more manners and a lot less ego, please.
Madmike2,
I just had an ebay auction fall flat on me, so I can sympathize. The guy never responded to email. I gave it two weeks, then dropped it. I didn't have any money on the line, but it was frustrating, nonetheless.

Grey

Ok lets just agree to disagree then Grey...

If you think your view of what he said holds any water with me you are wrong... I can read between the lines quite well... Obviously better than you... and you have not seen any if my previous posts...

I can respect someone who is here trying to gain knowledge and any decision they make no problemo... But when people play me I get piissed....

I maintain what I said... There is nothing you or anyone else can do with a ccs or tube amp that I and, (since you feel it is pure ego, just to make you happy), several of my friends can do the same with a Vs amp and several better than I...

I hope that makes you happy because now you know I have several boorish friends too and we can all beat our chests for you...

I dont like being set up pal... now if you feel thats ego then that is your opinion, you have yours and I have mine... but when it comes to audio I not only have my opinion but I will put my equipment where my mouth is... and let the audience decide... Pink slips like the good ole days...

If you had taken the time to read my previous posts you would have known that my hearing is excellent to say the least and I happen to enjoy extremely loud real life music to the tune of anywhere from 105 to 115 db virtually ever day... it seems few people can understand that... not that I care...

I have no reasopn to believe I am incorrect so I stand by what I said...

Yeh and mike planet10 probly has the best idea there... I totally forgot about that dude and I also agree with you planet on the execution and design per application...

Anyway gentlemen you have a wonderful time I am otta here...

Go tell it to the cows, man. Jeez, some people shouldn't leave the farm...
Madmike2,
Curious update on my ebay fiasco--after two weeks of the seller not responding to email trying to arrange payment, I left negative feedback. Now he pops up and wants to know what's wrong!
Maybe it's the phase of the moon that's making people act nutty.
Anyway, with luck the trolls will stay away for a while. You guys go back to discussing circuits.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.