plz help!! what is this??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It will be soldered from underneath, try removing the case work to access. Replacing it will be the easy part, finding why it died (as steve mentioned) will take some skill. Look for swollen capacitors, especially in the psu section.. Also check for any short circuits, eg; solder dags.
Also try not to get that white heat transfer past under the transistor on your skin, its bad m'kay. It will also need to be replaced and can be found at your local electronics store.

Did this happen from new, or has it worked for a while?
A repair tech may be able to fix this in an hour, it may take weeks by yourself without the right tools/skills. Don't take that the wrong way, but if you want to get back in action asap, that may be the best option.

yeah no doubt im no master but i do kindof know my way around i repair broken xboxes and stuff which i know is nothing like an amp mobo but i kinna know a little bit...i just got back from radio shack and bought some heat sink thermal compound and a T0-220 case npn silicon transistor..ill take a pic and uplaod it to make sure its correct.. nothing else looks unordinary to me and i cant find anything else that even looks the least bit fishy...im not too sure why it went bad, it just did lol...ive had it for about 9 months now and its worked perfectly until bout a week ago it would cut off and come back on when i turned down the radio head unit then when i cut it back up all would be fine...it was very random and very seldomly cut off... im hoping replacing this transistor will be all the problem is/was...and im guessing im gunna have to unscrew all 14 transistors to get the whole mobo out? xD gotta make this stuff so hard to get to haha

The burnt device is probably a STP60NF06FP N-channel MOSFET. The TIP31 is a general purpose BJT (bipolar junction transistor). It won't work, don't bother putting it in. It may cause even more damage if you do.

That MOSFET doesn't seem to be stocked for low-quantity orders at DigiKey, Mouser, or Newark. Post over in the Car Audio section and have the folks there recommend a suitable substitute.

i looked on kenwoodparts.com and put that part number in and something like that popped up and theyre 8.79 a piece...im just gonna order 1 of those...im glad u said somethin cuz i have the soldering iron warming up now haha...thanks for the help guys and ill let u know when i recieve the right part and put it in..thanks again 4 all of ur guys help

Can we use English not text talk and form proper sentences.

No one said you'd need to replace all 6 fets. The problem is that the damage to chip was caused by large current being made to flow though and has burnt it out the question is what caused this.

It may have been the transistor its self that was at fault and self destructed or it could be something all together in which case you transistor will just blow again.

The problem is he does not want to take in the advice he is getting.

The problem is that the damage to chip was caused by large current being made to flow though and has burnt it out. The question is what caused this.

Perhaps if we repeat it often enough! You just can't go in and replace things!!!

Otherwise I'll take out my crystal ball again.

Identifying the cause is a good first step. The likelyhood that the transistor was faulty to begin with is small, but not impossible. Something overloaded it, perhaps a shorted output stage? IMHO you should check the amplifier OPS to make sure one hasn't given out. Also check the other PS fets to see if they are shorted, maybe they are, maybe not. The question is at what point do you give in, after you replace the transistor, hook it up and it blows again.....:headbash: Gdammit.....:headbash:, or after you find the fault and fix it first, then repair the damaged PS switching fet caused by it......:mischiev:

But then it could always be something else.....?:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.