Pluvia 7.2 HD - does this look right?

Joined 2023
Paid Member
Greetings. I set one of my Pluvia 7.2 into the in-progress baffle of my microTowers and realized the driver is not square with itself. Is this common? Or a concern since the brace will be snug against it, and it’s about 1.5-2mm out of alignment.

IMG_4454.jpeg

Last edited:
In the name of expediency, I’d often cut the magnet facing section of the brace slightly shy, and shim with Blutack or a couple of layered of iron-in wood veneer. I’d rather a slightly loose contact there than stressing the basket frame.
Oh, and be sure to chamfer or radius the rear side of the driver mounting hole before assembly.

Reactions: 1 user
Greetings. I set one of my Pluvia 7.2 into the in-progress baffle of my microTowers and realized the driver is not square with itself. Is this common? Or a concern since the brace will be snug against it, and it’s about 1.5-2mm out of alignment.

View attachment 1314749
If the driver is not square with itself by that much I'd be seriously concerned and return it immediately. Have you tested it for rubbing using low frequency tones? Even if it passed it may be prone to develop problems in the future.

Joined 2023
Paid Member
I’ve had the drivers going for about 2 months, starting with continuous low tones for one week - mounted in cardboard boxes. They migrated to my office and have been my daily speakers for a month or so, without issue. Granted, I don’t listen at high levels either.