Pluto Aura Tweeter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a pair of Pluto clones using a Minidsp, I have done all my own measurements and have found the tweeter EQ very close to that of Linkwitz ASP.
One thing I noticed was a big peak at 15K and have notched this, is this a cone resonance?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It was located on axis as close to the cone as possible as if a piece of paper was resting on the surround, like SL did it.

SL measurements show the same notch, I will try another measurement as you suggest?

I also found that due to using a longer section of woofer pipe, the pipe notch was a bit lower in frequency and was less pronounced due to more stuffing? This also resulted in Qtc=0.62 and F3=73Hz, I used LT and a target Qtc=0.707 and F3=40Hz.

Time for a photo op.

Where is your microphone located?

If it's nearly inside the "dome" like SL's measurements, you're certainly going to see a peak like that.

Variability of the frequency response

Pull your microphone back and move it off-axis a bit and the peak will be gone.

Cheers,

Dave.

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2001
His measurements don't show a peak like that. Take a look here at the top graph:

Pluto electronics

That peak is because your microphone is way too close. SL's very-near measurements were only to highlight driver differences and not to determine the equalization that should be applied to the tweeter for the real system

Cheers,

Dave.

They do in the first link you sent, but as you said that is because the mic was so close, will make another measurement soon. Ta.

His measurements don't show a peak like that. Take a look here at the top graph:

Pluto electronics

That peak is because your microphone is way too close. SL's very-near measurements were only to highlight driver differences and not to determine the equalization that should be applied to the tweeter for the real system

Cheers,

Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.