Pls recommend a good class-A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PCB

Here is new layout, picture is mirrored, viewed from the solder side. Pots are multi turn for better stability. I didn’t have IRFP240 or IRFP9240 in Eagle library, so I put IRF540 and IRF9540. They are pin compatible so no worries.
Diodes are in line with the output transistors, touching the heatsink with little thermal grease, enabling them to have good thermal contact with output fets.
One special future: shortest possible feedback, just 12 mm including resistor length.:))
GC lovers will feel good about that. :))
Power, Earth and output tracks must be wider, but I’m not that much Eagle expert, also I hand made my PCB’s. Schematic is simple enough, so point to point wiring is another option.
Best regards!

Attachments

• simple fet class a.pdf
    54.9 KB · Views: 193
I was bored today and figured I'd take a stab at a layout as well. The IRFPs are TO-247 package I believe, so I made them horizontal mount and would intend for them to be mounted underneath the board. In the same way, I have the diodes in a seperate portion of the board which is meant to me cutoff/detached and mounted to the heatsink (like the leach amp boards that Jens designed). Lastly, I chose to include the zobel as it didn't seem to take up too much room. The design is about 3" x 3.5". Any comments/suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• simple.gif
    simple.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 409
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.