Plh Retrofit to Hafler/Adcom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've now continued to work on this project, which has been on my todo list far too long.

The 22.000uF cap is the problem still, so i have a question for you that actually have a Hafler case:

Would it fit if id put a radial cap laying on it's side? The size of the cap is 35x50mm.

Thx,

Kari

Attachments

• plh_under_work.png
    plh_under_work.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 359
Guys, I have a Hafler DH 200 opened up on my kitchen table right now. It looks fairly stock, except for a couple of upgraded caps.

If you need any measurements or photos let me know.

Personally, I am trying to decide whether to upgrade & bypass some of the caps, or should I get industrious and gut the beast and use it to house a Leach amp.

The eventual use will be to drive the mid frequency horn in a two-way high efficiency cabinet (specifically a Jubilee - essentially a two way version of the Klipschorn).

Let me know,
-Tom

Hey! I am resurrecting this thread because
(1) I just found it and
(2) I've got an organ donor Phase Linear 400 looking for a new amp circuit.
So, did anyone ever actually make the Hafler/Adcom to PLH conversion? How did the transformers handle supplying 2 amps per channel continuously? The Phase Linear has +/- 75 volt rails and does not have dual primaries. This may be too much to drop to +40 volts for the PLH. I suppose that I could use a regulator to drop 35 volts, but this seems a tad wasteful. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Bump for a dead HAFLER

I was hoping to use my back-up amp (Hafler DH-200) while I sell my CJ Sonographe to provide funding for a DIY PASS amp build. Still undecided about which one that would work best with my speakers, but that is a different story.
The Hafler sounds very fuzzy and distorted, although the music can be clearly heard too.
I'll have to fix the Hafler before I can start on the Pass, and was hoping someone had a DIY board to just plop in replace whatever is wrong with it at this point. I'm very new to electronics and have just completed my first Tube Preamp after 2 years of reading and asking questions. Thanks to all that helped me learn from scratch. I didn't know what a diode was, now I do. :)

Just hoping for some kind of update on this project as there are lots of experienced solder sniffers on this board.

Bump for any news?

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.