• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Please help very new to tunes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I recently bought a em87 magic eye kit of eBay to hook up in my car the only problem is it has two wire we’re the signal is supposed to come in and being very new to this I have no idea how to hook my aux cord up to it I tried to solder left and right rca to them and playing some music but nothing happened I’m sure some of you here might now exactly what I’m doing wrong any help would be great cuz I can’t find any info on how to use this. Thanks in advance

Without any detailled informations about this board I'd suspect the black and the red wires to be the power supply wires. Maybe it even has got a boost converter for the plate supply? Next you need to find the input terminals and find out if it needs DC input voltage or can cope with AC signal.
Best regards!

All the Ebay kits I see are clearly labelled.
HV 180-250V; 6.3V heaters & audio in.
Beats me why you'd want one in a car!
You need a power supply and a line level audio out from the radio.
Say a boost converter like this for HV -
DC-DC Boost Converter 8-32V/12V to +-45V-390V High Voltage ZVS Capacitor ChargX1F 9301583248089 | eBay
and regulator for the LV like this -
DC Buck Step down Adjustable Voltage Regulator Module 5v~24v to 1.8v 3.3v 12v 3A 5060606740163 | eBay
And an enclosure to keep everything mounted safely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.