Please Help Me - Short Question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

I live in the UAE. A big problem finding used LCD panels. But we have here something called the 5" portable colour lcd tvs costing about US$ 125 (brand new). Can I dis-assemble this thing to remove the screen and circuit?? Are these screens transparent??? Please help.

Thanx in advance for your replies.

dom

These panels should work for a DIY-projector. I haven't tried it myself, but a quick look through the "Small Panel DIY Projector" thread should yield some good results.

However, you're probably not going to get very good resolution with that panel.

Most panels below 5" are 320 x 240. Project that to 60" and it might not look to good (Your results may vary)

The holy grail of the small panel diy'ers would be a panel no greater than 4" diagonal, with at least composite inputs, reasonably priced, and with a resolution of at least 640 x 480. No one has been able to find such a panel yet, so many people, including myself, are going with the overhead projector panel set up, which has everything we need, and can be found on ebay relatively cheaply. The only thing is these panels are getting pretty old, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

thanx nexzus.

could you pls help me in this struggle i am looking for a 100" projection without the OHP. i have with me so far and A4 sheet size magnifier, does that work well? i also have a 300W halogen (rectangular) will that help? what size of projection panel shud i be looking for to go with the dvd player to abtain a 100" projection, or am i asking for too much considering the things i have at the moment. i am also having a 3" dia convex lens with F/L of 9 inches. any input to this will be very much appreciated as to what i shud drop and what to add on.

thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.