please check out this...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scottmoose said:
Interesting. Looks to me like they come out of the same factory as the Audio Nirvanas. Data sheets are about identical in presentation, as are the FR graphs, & the 10in, 8in & 6 1/2in units appear to be variations. They've swiped some of the Fostex designations though. ;)

that's the first thing that ran through my head as well scott, especially after I saw the 10" ;)

-Justin

yes, it´s curious...
Wish I have some of them at hand to experiment a little...

I´ve been following a little this full range craze, delighting myself in secrecy ´cause a lot of years ago I became aware of some extraordinary aural qualities in FR speakers (some friends called my crazy and old fashioned in those instances):xeye:

Such drivers are very difficult to obtain in my country, exception made of some local manufacturer (Audifiel) that I thought wrongly it was defunct in the nineties (but nicely, it´s still alive and kicking...)
:D
Those domestic speakers are even made in the same fashion as thirty years ago, and some of them have a glorious, expressive midrange... http://www.audifiel.com/ingles/prod_line_alta_fide.htm

pellothed1 said:
For what it's worth. I posted a link to GUI a while back in another thread. I had emailed them several times about buying as few as 5 pairs of the 10 inch driver. I've pretty much lost interest in it. But they didn't seem to have an qualms about that small of a quantity. Friendly to talk to, but their english can leave a little to interpretation.

How's pricing?

Please don't quote me on this, but if I interpreted it correctly, the 10's were like $40 each, something like that. They sent me a list of prices for their drivers at my quantity (I was interested in a different driver that isn't on their website anymore) and I'm going off memory. The drivers I was actually interested in was a 4" or 4.5" and they were like $13 each. I wound up doing something different and it's been 6 months since then so I don't remember exactly. You guys should just email them and ask, how much plus shipping for which driver and the number.

By 'eck (as we say in Yorkshire). $40 for a 10in driver? And one which has a suspicious resemblence to the stamped frame Audio Nirvana 10in (I think it's now safe to say that these guys are the OEM for Audio Nirvana, the latter specifiying a black cone & a couple of detail tweaks). I'd call that a steal. Even factoring higher prices for a small quantity & shipping, it's good value.

I found these Guys several months ago doing a search through Alibaba (import export service) .

You'd all be amazed at how many Companies build drivers over there and when you study them all it's pretty obvious we aren't the only Country doing outsourcing and you'd be further amazed at how much sure looks identical to MANY major manufacturers High End we see regularly on this side of the World.

I e-mailed them at that point, got a nice reply that was obvious they thought I was some large scale builder but when I told them initial order would not even be 100 drivers they didn't seem to want to talk to me anymore. I believe I was circular filed.

I got the same impression as others here looking at them. Posted on it at P.E. asking who made what cause all this stuff looked just too familiar and no one touched that ball.

If someone can arrange a group buy I'm in for a couple. Ditto 40 smackers for a 10" ! I'd likely let the Mortgage be late.

Surely makes you wonder what individual piece prices would be if you bought a container!

Bluto

Bluto said:
I found these Guys several months ago doing a search through Alibaba (import export service) .

You'd all be amazed at how many Companies build drivers over there and when you study them all it's pretty obvious we aren't the only Country doing outsourcing and you'd be further amazed at how much sure looks identical to MANY major manufacturers High End we see regularly on this side of the World.

I e-mailed them at that point, got a nice reply that was obvious they thought I was some large scale builder but when I told them initial order would not even be 100 drivers they didn't seem to want to talk to me anymore. I believe I was circular filed.

I got the same impression as others here looking at them. Posted on it at P.E. asking who made what cause all this stuff looked just too familiar and no one touched that ball.

If someone can arrange a group buy I'm in for a couple. Ditto 40 smackers for a 10" ! I'd likely let the Mortgage be late.

Surely makes you wonder what individual piece prices would be if you bought a container!

Bluto

Bluto, where abouts are you located?

It's no wonder David over at CSA is claiming the best sounding speaker he has heard (other than the Lowther). He is probably sitting on 1000-2000 units at any given time. Not that I don't agree. I find the an's to sound excellent but the fervor with which he pushes them aligns with the idea that he has a lot of money tied up in them. What is interesting about this company is that they will custom design drivers based around what is needed by a customer. I wonder how many units someone has to buy to get the custom design service. Yikes!

Tom

They certainly appear to have done their homework...

The series on the subsequent pages are more impressive. Note the bottom design on page 3 is worth owning on looks alone... it looks like something from the 50's version of "War Of The Worlds"

I would be very surprised iffin there werent some gems in there. China is getting VERY good at the better mousetrap game.

I would be interested to learn of pricing on the small caliber Nd little devils.

despotic -

My Son is a graduate of Beloit College. Many people from Beloit seem to retire up here.

I'm surprised Iowa DIY Event is not listed at that post. It's getting big to the point they are having to limit amount of entries to 2008 show.

I'd like to see one in Madison. Surprised one not there as seeing it's the home of Madisound. Nothing I've built is worth showing but it would be nice to hear good builders stuff.

Chicago definitely needs it's own and could certainly support it.

Bluto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.