Plans to try to revive Dynaudio C1 Platinum after system is devastated by flood

Guys, I suffered seriously with the flood at the end of April here in Brazil, my audio system was devastated by the waters and a lot of mud.

My technician managed to recover the electronics, now I'm trying to decide what to do with the speakers, the main ones are the Front ones.

The wood of the boxes opened, I didn't notice it swelling, the sides warped and the plate also suffered some damage but is essentially intact.

I have the option of sending everything to a person qualified for this type of repair, then he can decide whether it's worth repairing the wood or making a new cabinet, but he's on the other side of the country and I honestly don't have much confidence in him, I met him through a recommendation.

My question is, wouldn't it be worth reassembling them here? Try to untwist what was bent and see how it will play?

Crossovers, speaker and tweeter are intact, my technician checked everything.

Below are some images and video of what the wood of the speaker looks like.

Here is the video of the woods:

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    908.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    913.9 KB · Views: 72
I took a closer look at the gsbinete's woods and I can hear damage to them, the walls are fitted with specific cuts and these cuts were damaged, after my technique releases the speakers and tweeters I'll see how I can replicate the cabinet.

I asked Dynaudio for information such as the density and thickness of the MDF, let's see if they will respond.

Reactions: 1 user
Não posso acreditar que os motoristas sobreviveram à água e à lama.

Mas devo dizer que você é corajoso lutando contra todas as probabilidades!
My technician has expertise in electronics but not in high-resolution audio, so I have to hear it to believe it, so I thought about initially reassembling the cabinets and seeing if a familiar sound comes out, I wouldn't want to invest money to see if it will play satisfactorily. or not.