planet audio vx2200d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
got this the other day and found one of the power supply fets was shorted. all 4 gate resistors measured at 97 ohms so i replaced all 4 fets in that bank. now the amp will come on but will go in and out of protection. it will produce audio but i can't tell if it's clean or not because it doesn't stay on long enough. does anyone know where i should look next?

thank you

only 1 was shorted but i replaced a total of 4 because they were in parallel. i did notice though that as long as a have a load on the output it appears to not go into protection. almost as soon as i disconnect the load (2 ohm subwoofer) it will go in an out of protection. it is not producing clean audio though. with a sine wave it sounds fairly clean but with music it is definitely distorted. with the scope i can see the sine wave is not completely clean and smooth.

100hz sine wave with 2 ohm load

Attachments

• IMG_20130403_160216_600.jpg
    IMG_20130403_160216_600.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 92
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.