Planet audio tt1250 works but have a high pitch noise on the speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok got this amp on ebay, was sold to me as broken . the amp power on fine and dosent aper to ever been repaired . Audio is clear however there is a high pitch noise ( like jet engine noise ) that starts 1-2 seconds after the amp is powered. Noise is presented with or without rya connected ,with or without audio so i believe to be internal .this units have internal fan can the fan be the reason for the parasite noise

and 1 min later no audio no noise now ,wtf

Opened the amp and tested the output rails I'm getting + - 54 volts witch i believe is more than enough . tested most of the op amps and they are fine , however IC111 appears to be getting -+ 54 volts as well and this is over the parts specs -KIA393P .will remove it from the board as defective by now and see why I'm getting that much power to it when the other one is getting +- 9

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.