Pioneer VSX-519V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies if this is in the wrong subforum.

Long story short: Pioneer VSX-519V. Was working this morning until I moved it around a tiny bit on the shelf to run another HDMI cable to it and before I plugged it in, speakers made that typical power on-off pop and all lights went off.

Unit is getting power to the main board. No lights. Doesn't respond to any of the troubleshooting or hardware reset functions. Fuse is ok (but only has 120V on it; I live in Aus with 240V mains?) No power from what I'm guessing is the standby relay to feed the transformer. No B+/- or 12V voltages on the power connector to the main amplifier board.

My guess would be that the mains relay isn't functioning, but does anybody have a manual or schematic that I can confirm on before I go disassembling the entire unit?

Thanks

Is your gear connected to grounded outlets? Maybe the HDMI cord had a different potential than the amplifier chassis, and they evened themselves out via the amplifier, killing it. This is a thing that can, and often does happen. Never connect signal cables with the power on.

Is your gear connected to grounded outlets? Maybe the HDMI cord had a different potential than the amplifier chassis, and they evened themselves out via the amplifier, killing it. This is a thing that can, and often does happen. Never connect signal cables with the power on.

Both have 2 pin power cables - active and neutral.

It seems like the Pioneer amps are prone to unexpectedly dying. I don't think it's anything that was killed by a small ground potential - the mains relay just isn't triggering for whatever reason.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.