Pioneer PD-S 501 digital out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know how to make digital out on this player. Analog out is showing signs of sudden death but transport works excellent. I'd build an external dac and it would be nice for some time to be able to use pds501 as transport.

Thanks in advance

Tent Labs is GOOD!

Hi Guys,

Tent labs 's DIG out board is good!
If you want to do it a cheap way, you'll have to understand that the SP/DIF will not be as good as the Tent one.

I know that Elso made a goodone also, but the parts are no longer available, but maybe there is a substitute for the (i thinkOPA603???) part.

All the best,

Audiofanatic ;)

Attachments

• digtrandrive digi-out.jpg
    digtrandrive digi-out.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 505
Great!

smario said:
Hi everyone

It works ! :up:
I had to cut one jumper wire and add pull up resistor (470R) to pin 59 to enable digital out. Then I made a simple output circut (connected to pin 60) to form S/PDIF output signal.

Thanks everybody.

Mario.

I hope you enjoy it and eventualy make a good SP/DIF out circuit.
It's very important to have a good circuit, it makes all the difference.

All the best,

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi

I didn't use pulse transformer for one simple reason, I had to go to store and buy it (I was lazy and I wanted to finish everything ASAP). I used optocoupler 6N137 with external power. Basically I inverted signal from pin 60, filtered it and connected it to 6N137 input. On the other side of 6N137, I (again) put some RC filter, divider (to adjust level to SPDIF specifications) and transistor buffer. That’s it. I checked (with oscilloscope) all waveforms to be sure that signal on DAC input is as good as possible.

Kind regards.

Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.