Pioneer DV-757Ai - Balanced output mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pioneer DV-757Ai - Balanced output mod advice

Hi all,

I'm hoping for a little guidance regarding getting a balanced output from an old Pioneer DV-757Ai DVD-A/SACD/CD player.

The unit uses a Burr Brown [Ti] PCM1738 DAC with full differential active I/V + feedback stage followed by a differential to SE + filter stage. The pcb layout is very similar to the Ti datasheet.

I've identified the areas I think best to tap the +, - and Gnd for a balanced signal from each channel.

As the tap is between the I/V stage and BAL>SE + Filter, I'm guessing that a balanced buffer with filter is required if the tapped signal is to be of use? Would using a TPA IVY-III be suitable?

Ultimately, I'm after gaining a balanced output to feed a 'The Wire' BAL-BAL headphone amp > balanced HD650. Would also need to fit an analogue volume control in there also.

Paul

Attachments

• PCM1738_tapped_balanced_output.jpg
    PCM1738_tapped_balanced_output.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 98
  • PCM1738_layout_tap.JPG
    PCM1738_layout_tap.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.