pioneer a400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i have found whats wrong with my amp. The emitter resistor on the faulty channel has a crack in it, does anyone know where to source one from? (its the 0.33r 3 legged type)

I found a spares shop that sell the volume pots, however they are £30.00 each! but i think you can just add a normal pot and will work the same, except the balance.

resistor

Hi should find resistors on ebay cheap

basically a 3 legged resistor is 2 in series with both middle legs linked,

way around it is to get 2 resistors of correct value ,which is important as they set the current for the output stage,twist 1 resistors leg couple of times around other solder it cut off excess and keep the middle leg you just created as long as other 2 outer ones and voila you have an equivalent part ,reason is 2 legs dont normally fit in same hole.....or if you are confident enough drill another 1 mm hole near other centre one in pcb and ,scrape laquer around hole underneath tin up ready for parts to be fitted...

Also you may find the 2 resistors will be too wide to fit in board with other parts,you can bend the legs so the resistors will stand at about
70 degrees making an m shape,you must make sure these resistors
stand about 6mm above board when soldered to aid with heat dissipation....hope this helps good luck

Good work Reddish,
I fully agree with the advice from Homertooties, why pay over the odds for what is a simple part easily made up.

Also £30 for the pot is daylight robbery (does the guy in the shop have a mask & gun) - a shop that preys on the gullible unthinking consumer obviously - as I said in another post somewhere these are $5 pots at the very most. I hate these rip-offs. We, in these islands accept too readily this sort of mugging and don't protest enough. You should have laughed in the guys face for asking this price & maybe he would get sensible & eventually Pioneer would also </rant over>

<not over yet> When I tried to remove a piece of equipment from my local recycling centre they tried to stop me (but failed). I just find that the system is geared towards making sure we pay for everything. We pay €15 at the gate to bring in recycling. I found out that the computers from the recycling centers here are sold to a shop who dismantle them & sell parts back to the public. <now I'm finished>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.